The project objectives target different areas:
- Engineering and Information Processing
- Optimizing engineering and interlocking systems
- Formalization of the development process using formal methods
- Development and integration of analysis tools for large volumes of event data (Big Data Theme)
- Control-command system for infrastructure: Design of an autonomous distributed power system along the railway.
- Development of a passive real-time surveillance system for railway with multipoint optical fibre sensors
- Embedded control-command system
- A solution of absolute location based in particular on the hybridization of a satellite systems (GNSS), Inertial sensors, video processing and embedded mapping.
- Development of advanced functionalities for automatic train operation (ATO) in the context of "Mainline".
CETIC research within the project relates to the optimization of engineering and interlocking systems, formalization of the development process by using formal methods, the development and integration of analysis tools for large volume of event data and the development of advanced functionalities for automatic train operation (ATO) in the context of "Mainline"
The project is in its starting phase, so there are no results yet. In the scope of the CETIC activities, the project should lead to develop new optimization algorithms, a formal method tool chain and big data analysis tools.
For the railway sector, technologies developed within the project will increase the competitiveness of the rail operators.
Outside of the railway sector, companies will benefits of technologies and methods developed within the project to
- Achieve greater control of their software engineering while reducing associated costs
- Develop optimization solution
- Analyse large volumes of data