The project objectives target different areas:
- Engineering and Information Processing
- Optimizing engineering and interlocking systems
- Formalization of the development process using formal methods
- Development and integration of analysis tools for large volumes of event data (Big Data Theme)
- Control-command system for infrastructure: Design of an autonomous distributed power system along the railway.
- Development of a passive real-time surveillance system for railway with multipoint optical fibre sensors
- Embedded control-command system
- A solution of absolute location based in particular on the hybridization of a satellite systems (GNSS), Inertial sensors, video processing and embedded mapping.
- Development of advanced functionalities for automatic train operation (ATO) in the context of "Mainline".
CETIC research within the project relates to the optimization of engineering and interlocking systems, formalization of the development process by using formal methods, the development and integration of analysis tools for large volume of event data and the development of advanced functionalities for automatic train operation (ATO) in the context of "Mainline"
The project is now in its final year. the scope of the CETIC activities has achieved the following results:
- the RODIN platform has been tuned in order to support the modelling of interlocking at domain level through a specific theories which also ease the proof procees. A specific B-Motion Studio animator has also been designed. The translation of Event-B model into boolean equation is on-going to support both model-checking and direct simulation
- the CAPELLA platform has been selected and adapted to the need of Alstom related to the integration of their system engineering methodology, verification support and documention generation. A specific attention is being paid to the document-to-model update scenarios.
For the railway sector, technologies developed within the project will increase the competitiveness of the rail operators.
Outside of the railway sector, companies will benefits of technologies and methods developed within the project to
- Achieve greater control of their software engineering while reducing associated costs
- Develop optimization solution
- Analyse large volumes of data