The Center of Excellence in Information and Communication Technologies (CETIC) is the Belgian center for applied research serving the ICT enterprises founded in 2001 by the Catholic University of Louvain (UCL), University of Namur (FUNDP) and University of Mons (UMONS).
CETIC’s Mission is to support regional economic development by transferring to the Walloon companies and particularly SMEs, results from the most innovative applied research in ICT.
More specifically, CETIC helps companies to integrate these technological innovations into their products, processes or services. To reach this objective, its researchers continuously enhance their expertise through collaborative research projects involving regional actors and European advanced technology actors at the European level.
CETIC’s board is composed of industry representatives coming from the ICT sector and representatives from founding universities.
Independent actor and trusted third party, CETIC is positioned between the academic and university business.
This section covers:
- CETIC’s brief description, including history and expertise gained during the past ten years
- The detailed composition of CETIC
- The information about CETIC being an Accredited Research Centre
- CETIC researchers’ contact details
- The quality policy CETIC is committed to
- The ISO 9001 certification CETIC received in 2010
- CETIC’s key figures for the past year
- The set of values maintained by CETIC to achieve a high level of partner and customer satisfaction
- The list of CETIC’s key partners