The Infortech Institute brings together more than 100 researchers from about fifteen research departments.The institute's activities are based on the following themes:
- Data Collection and Transmission: From the development of electronic sensors and micro-power communication systems, to the physical transmission of the resulting signals (notably via optical fibre), and the analysis, design and modelling of Internet routing architectures and services, the entire spectrum is covered by advanced research at the institute.
- Big Data Analytics & Cloud Computing : The storage and subsequent analysis of huge quantities of information of varying qualities and the development of high performance computing solutions.
- AI and Machine Learning: The processing, analysis and automated learning of large amounts of data based primarily on the development of algorithms for optimisation, classification, prediction, collaborative recommendation, deep learning and multi-criteria decision support.
- Software Engineering and Algorithms: This theme focuses on the development of techniques for the verification and analysis of software quality, the modelling of software systems and the implementation of complex algorithms in graph theory.
- Signal Processing: The Institute specialises in the processing and analysis of audio, visual and multimedia signals, and covers many application fields, such as creative technologies (in collaboration with the Numediart Institute), logistics and medical imaging.
- Education Technologies: This theme focuses on research relating to the integration of ICT in education and the analysis of its impact (educational devices and technologies, system design and training plans, educational policy analysis, evaluation of learning and systems, etc.).
A new leading research axis of the Institute is the Internet of Things (IoT), a world of smart and connected objects, leading to a rich interaction between the various aforementioned themes.
Le département SET est partenaire du projet M&SSCOT.