This workshop (by invitation only) is co-organised by Vlaio, Innoviris and a great help of NGI national Contact Point, Philippe Thiran, Sirris.
Last autumn the Commission launched the ambitious and open Next Generation Internet (NGI) initiative.
The NGI initiative is a broad and long-term initiative, mostly focusing on new technology areas as for example a better protection for private data, new internet architectures, decentralized data systems and new discovery and identification tools.
Together with (young) researchers, start-ups, SMEs and social innovators the European Commission will push the development of these new internet technologies based on an agile and flexible programme approach to shape the Internet of the future.
In order to feed Commission’s work and collect inputs, NGI workshops are organized at national/regional levels. The Brussels and Flemish Regions are joining their forces to organize a joint workshop on February 21st 2018 in Brussels.
- 13:30 Welcome & coffee
- 14:00 Plenary: Setting the scene: The NGI Initiative, context, plans and actions of the European Commission
- A start-up’s view on NGI: needs and expectations
- The research perspective: Trends and topics that NGI should embrace
- Data governance: needs and expectations
- Societal needs and expectations: What does NGI do for the people?
- 15:30 Coffee break
- 16:00 World Café – 3 tables
- 17:00 World Café summary
- 17:30 Wrap-up and closure
- 17:45 End of meeting
The CETIC is Wallonia’s point of contact for this initiative. Contact us in case of interest.
View online : https://www.ngi.eu/event/ngi-worksh...