Because the major search engines provide information at a worldwide level, it is often not easy to get an inventory of local skills or "near-to-you" competence. As an example, who exactly knows the leading domains of expertise developed in our Walloon research centers ? However, that kind of information is of great importance for your future partnerships.
Fast and easy-to-use, Illico Presto allows to search for more than 6000 web documents on the following web sites :
- Institut Belge de la Soudure (IBS)
- Centre of Excellence in aeronautical research (Cenaero)
- The Belgian Textile Research Centre (Centexbel)
- Centre de Services et de Recherche Laboratoires d’essais, d’analyses et d’étalonnages (Cepesi)
- Centre de Ressources Technologiques en Chimie (Certech)
- Centre d’Excellence en Technologies de l’Information et de la Communication (Cetic)
- Centre d’Etude Wallon de l’Assemblage et du Contrôle des Matériaux (Cewac)
- The CORI Coatings Research Institute (CORI Coatings)
- Centre de Compétences de l’Industrie Technologique (CRIF)
- Centre for Research in Metallurgy (CRM)
- Pôle d’Excellence dédié aux Matériaux
- Centre de Recherche en Télécommunications, Traitement du Signal et de l’Image
Restricted to an infinite part of the World Wide Web, Illico Presto takes that situation as an advantage compared to any other web search engine. Indeed, the search engine is able to provide "up-to-date" and complete results thanks to its daily refreshed index and a deep crawling of the target web sites. For instance, queries on specific terms such as "brasage" or "électroérosion" provides much more results in Illico Presto than by the way of Google.