The overall objective of the GridTrust project is to develop the technology to manage trust and security for the Next Generation Grid (NGG). The project takes a vertical approach on trust, security and privacy: from the requirement level down to the application, middleware and foundation levels. The emphasis is on models and tools to assist in reasoning about trust and security properties along the NGG architecture.
The project partners are CETIC (co-ordinator), CCLRC (UK), VUA Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (NL), Interplay Software S.r.l. (IT), Hewlett-Packard (IT), Istituto Geografico De Agostini S.p.A (IT) and Moviquity (ES)
During this first meeting, the partners discussed important issues such as:
- industrial scenarios that could be used to validate the project results and measure its success
- more precise research directions for analysing and reasoning about trust/privacy/security in virtual organisation
- the set up of the project website
- collaboration with other projects, such as the AssessGrid project which has a risk management approach on trust and in which the CETIC is also involved.
- GridTrust kick-off: a work session.