CETIC researchers Sebastien DUPONT and Tom SELLESLAGH talked about "Edge computing on heterogeneous hardware using KubeEdge and K3S."
an edge simulator platform built on heterogeneous hardware (x86, ARM64, Arduinos) and using extensions of the
Container as a Service platform Kubernetes for Edge deployment: K3S for heterogeneous hardware and KubeEdge for Edge
Presentation slides are available here: https://kubeedge.presentations.cetic.be/
FOLLOW AND EMBRACE THIS MOMENTUM.
This seminar is designed to meet experts from academia and industry to discuss their needs and the solutions that reconfigurable architectures can provide. It is also an invitation to discover new strategies to develop this market.
See some topics of interest that will be covered:
- New paradigms for reconfigurable and communication-centric computing
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning: languages, models, architectures and platforms
- Cloud and HPC platforms and architectural strategies
- Edge Computing, reconfigurable and adaptive embedded SoCs
- Low power reconfigurable and multiprocessor SoCs
- Specification languages, OS and design methodologies
- OS and middleware for reconfigurable, heterogeneous and multicore SoCs
- Industrial case studies and needs
RECONFIGURABLE HARDWARE IS AMONG US and its role is gaining importance in the most evolving markets. Although relegated in the past to hardware specialists, today reconfigurable devices seem to be conquering a variety of sectors for many reasons. From Space Tech to home automation, from Big Data to Artificial Intelligence, from HPC to Edge Computing, from software developers to cloud analysts, from new IT paradigms to ASICs, the market is evolving towards fast green IT strategies. Big players like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Intel are now merging initiatives with FPGA vendors, providing heterogeneous architectures and novel processing devices such as TPUs and VPUs.
View online : 6th Reconfigurable Market Seminar