Have a proper software development tools can be difficult for several reasons :
- Lack of time to select the tools that are most appropriate to the needs
- The prohibitive cost of tools that can bring more benefits
- Lack of resources to properly configure the tools to form a powerful tool set.
The laboratory set up by CETIC covers the entire software lifecycle from requirements to testing. It focuses more specifically on advanced tools for code analysis of maintainability (documentation, complexity, quality of architecture), security (no vulnerabilities) or reliability (no error "runtime ").
Here is a list of tools by category :
- Engineering requirements and business modeling Objectiver, Enterprise Architect, ARIS, MagicDraw, ArgoUML, Poseidon ...
- Effort estimation : database ISBSG
- Maintainability-oriented code analysis : CAST, CQC, Understand, XDepend, Sonar ...
- Security-oriented code analysis : Fortify, PMD, FindBugs
- Reliability-oriented code analysis Polyspace
- Formal verification : nuSMV, SPIN, Atelier-B, RODIN
- Estimation of test coverage : EMMA, Cobertura
- Model-based testing Qtronic, Smartesting, N-Model
The laboratory tools are mastered by the SSE department of CETIC and are available to companies for various purposes :
- Use in specific missions, such as code analysis
- Support for the selection, configuration, deployment and / or use of a tool for a specific need
- Access to an expensive tool, typically for advanced code analysis.